Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Im from Germany and I did a bad business with a company wich

I`m from Germany and I did a bad business with a company wich is located in Titusville Florida. I have a question to you. Is it possible to bring a charge about fraud? I payed this April to Watson Performance Engineering Dalton Watson) near 4000$ for engine parts but I never get them. To bring back the money with Mastercard was the first what I attempted, but the term was over. Dalton Watson doesn´t answer to my Emails since the beginning of August.

I hope you understand my english and you can tell me if it is possible to bring a charge as a german person.

Thank you very much and Greetings from Germany.

Gottfried Pichler
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Being German doesn't prevent you from filing charges. The best thing to do is report it to your police and go through them OR report it to your State Department. If that doesn't work then you can contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation and ask them to file charges. You can find the FBI at www.fbi.gov.

There is no "first right of refusal" unless it is a specific condition of a contract, usually written.

By the "could they sue you" question I wasn't meaning that they were really going to sue you, just trying to get you to look at the question of whether there was a contract from another angle.

The other "conditional contracts" like financing, inspection, etc. specifically spell out on them the conditions and what effect they have on a contract so that the conditions, in effect, become a part of the contract. There really isn't any wiggle room because the condition is usually related to some type of performance by a third party, different than what you had here.

I still think you're going to have problems proving that there was a contract. However, if you can make the argument that they approved the condition then you MIGHT be able to argue that the deal to let you take the drawers and look elsewhere and spend all that time and effort was either 1) a part of your contract or 2) a separate contract in and of itself.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it´s hard for me to understand all you have written

I haven´t a contract, I told the seller what I need, he told me how much I must pay for and he told me I must wait 4 weeks till he is ready to ship all the parts to germany, that´s all and I payed
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
You don't have to have a written contract to file the charges. An oral contract is binding.

The FBI is the US organization that investigates crime involving the internet, telephone, or mail.