How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9368
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My street is in repair for city plumbing. The company that

This answer was rated:

My street is in repair for city plumbing. The company that has been completing the job, has been leaving heavy metal pipes and plastic ones on the side of the road on the grassy area between the street and the sidewalk. They have not always been marked off by plastic cones at either end to let people know that the pipes are there. While walking in the early am I accidently steped into the open end of a plastic pipe that was laying horizontally on the ground and i was tripped up and fell directly to the ground. My knee was bruised and my shoulder is extremely damaged to the point that I having difficult time moving it without severe pain. I will be seeing a doctor concerning it next week. What should be my next step concerning filing a claim against the company for neglience?
You need to consult a local attorney who can send a demand letter once the injuries are stabilized, and will file a timely claim against any appropriate government entities that owned the property where this happened, or which hired the construction company.

It would be a good idea to photograph all the bruises while they are still visible so you will have evidence that there were bruises. Photos of the scene of the incident would also be helpful. Seeing a doctor as soon as possible is a good idea, and you need to know what happened to your shoulder.

You need to determine the extent of your damages before you can settle the claim. It is malpractice for an attorney to settle an injury claim before the injuries have been diagnosed and have stabilized. You may or may not have torn one or more parts of the rotator cuff, but from your description, that is what I suspect.

You can get a free consultation from some of the premises liability attorneys listed by location at

I urge you to follow up on this with a local attorney either before or after you get a preliminary diagnosis.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Atty and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer.