How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 57, married no kids with a paid for home and retirement assets. I just had unp

Customer Question

I'm 57, married no kids with a paid for home and retirement assets.

I just had unprotected sex with a prostitute - she invited me to do it without condoms, we'd been smoking a joint and drinking.

At first, I was concerned about STD's,Aids,etc. and she said she was ok and I paid alot of money and for that I was the man.

Now, in retrospect I'm thinking she did it to get pregnant and extort money from me.
If she gets pregnant can she come after me for child support? How would she do that? Can she get a court order for a DNA sample?
What are my risks?
Am I way too concerned here? Do I need to see an attorney pronto?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.

While it's purely speculation on my part, I would suggest that you are probably worrying needlessly. I say this as I find it unlikely that the prostitute would want to get pregnant solely to collect child support.


However, if she were to be pregnant, then yes, she could pursue you for child support. This, of course, presumes that she knows who you are and/or can find you to bring you into court. If so, she could request a DNA test, establish paternity and then obtain a court order requiring you to pay support.


This can be a rather complex issue, please let me know if anything requires clarification.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.