How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56892
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i bought a place with my dougther and son in law. i am half

Resolved Question:

i bought a place with my dougther and son in law. i am half owner as is my doughter , she has a 4 yr deploma in criminal law from sac state. her husband is a med. pot user. he is dealing. how do i get out and move on.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
I am terribly sorry this is happening. In the first instance you should all try to talk this out and work out respectful behavior in the premises. You could of couse threaten to call the police as one measure. But if you are intent on selling this how its normally done:
If 2 parties own property and cant agree what to do with it there are several options: sell from one to the other; if one cant be done, try to have a third party mediate a solution if both are impossible, then one of the parties would commence a lawsuit to force the sale of the property and division of the proceeds. often the threat of such a suit makes options 1 and 2 become more successful as both sides realize that it expensive to litigate.
To find local counsel to represent you, see

Thank you very much for the question. Kindly select the ACCEPT button for the answer - that is the only way I get credit for it by JA. (even if you have deposit or a subscription)


If I can clarify anything for you before accepting, please ask me - happy to do it.


After you click accept Justanswer gives you the option of leaving positive feedback and a bonus. These are nice ways to say "thank you" and are greatly appreciated. Justanswer also lets you ask for me specifically in the future simply by putting in the subject of a new question "For Infolawyer"

INFOLAWYER and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you