How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold a camper to an individual for monthly payments, he is

Resolved Question:

I sold a camper to an individual for monthly payments, he is behind two months and won't answer my phone calls, what can I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

You might consider writing a demand letter. Such a letter would "demand" a certain result, likely either the return of the camper or paying the money. Additionally, you would provide a clear deadline for a response. For example, you might state, "If you fail to respond by October 15, 2011, I will have no option but to pursue every legal remedy available."


Failing this, another legal option would be to file a civil lawsuit. You might consider filing a lawsuit based on his breach of contract in failing to make the payments as scheduled.


While you could potentially handle these matters on your own, it would be prudent to consider retaining an attorney to assist. Even as to the demand letter, this would be much more compelling coming from an attorney.


Please let me know if anything requires clarification.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you