How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19134
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am in need of assistance in writing, in the absolute

Customer Question

I am in need of assistance in writing, in the absolute correct form, a revocation of a durable power of attorney. I am located in Austin, Texas-Travis County to be exact. I saw a POA form document available on this site, but the revocation one does not come up, so, in turn, I need your help please!
Monty Suell
Submitted: 5 years ago via RocketLawyer.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
There is no specific form required to revoke a power of attorney in Texas.

The POA form is prescribed by statute, although it doesn't have to follow that exact form, but there isn't even a suggestion of what a form to revoke one would look like.

What you may want to do is send the person who has the POA a letter by certified mail stating that you "expressly revoke any and all Powers of Attorney given prior to the date of this letter and specifically the one given on (insert date) to (insert name)".

Then have a copy of this filed in the records at the County Clerk's office, if they will file it, and send the original by mail to the person who has the POA. In addition, send a copy to any of your financial institutions or anyone who has any of your accounts.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
He copied the answer off of another website I already read
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Your previous expert is correct. A POA is revoked by sending a notice of revocation to the attorney-in-fact, or by executing another Durable Power of Attorney. However, you can get sample revocation forms from forms sites such as and

Here are sample revocation forms: