How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Legal Your Own Question
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex still owe me money but the owe amount was state on the

Customer Question

My ex still owe me money but the owe amount was state on the agreement document and now he was move away. I don't know where he move to but his house on the market right now. How do I get the money that he owe me? Do I need to ask my lawyer to file to the court?

please help,

Thanks A lot!
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John Legal replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

Has there been a court order?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, under divorce settlement document
Expert:  John Legal replied 6 years ago.
You should contact your lawyer. Your lawyer may be able to get a judgment lien against his property. This will assure that when the house sells you get paid at closing before the sale can go through.