How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been civorice in dec10 and my ex change the the divorce

Resolved Question:

I have been civorice in dec10 and my ex change the the divorce when i was in the nurnering home and on drug i mean hydeomorphone 4mg. andclonazepam tabs1mg I took 4 a day and tje hydeomorphone 3 times and he got me to sign the qudrue and i now have to pay him i an on ssi because i disable chryslers retired me because i am disable my ex retired the same day and sat on his but for 3 year and wwe lost ourhouse now he has all the money and iam barley gettin by every bouty said that is sing the thing but i was druge and they were keeping my mail from me i have allamoney for life is there any thing i can do about it The paper say that i can take him back to court in 2013 and what i want to know is how he chane thing when we went through meadaiton and he also work and he get 600 dollards from, me and he gets 2750from his retirement All i knowe is that i work intell i could not walk and he is now havs a new car and having fun and i can not afford my pills.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TexLaw replied 5 years ago.
If you can truly establish that when you signed the new agreement that you were under the influence of drugs, then you can argue that your signature on the document was insufficient, as you were not capable of actually consenting to give your rights away. To help you do this, you would want your doctor or nurse who was providing treatment to you at that time to testify for you that you were on these medications at the time when you signed the document. You would also want the doctor to testify regarding what the effects of the medication are on your mental status. Please let me know if this answers your question.

Best regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so what you are saying is to wate for the 4 year agrement is over and save my money and get a attorney and then go back to court and see what happends i know that you can only tell me but now be my attorney
Expert:  TexLaw replied 5 years ago.
Actually, if you can get an attorney to go back to court now, and you can establish that you were heavily medicated (like I said in my previous post), then you can have the entire agreement voided. That would include the part of the agreement which said that it cannot be contested for four years. Also, there are several legal arguments that will allow you to get around the 4 year prescription. In other words, the 4 year agreement will not's not legal.
TexLaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you