Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Cani get terminated for not taking a 50% cut for a couple of

months...
Cani get terminated for not taking a 50% cut for a couple of months
9/1/2011
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there.

Yes, the employer can terminate your position for this. No employer has any obligation to pay any employee any more than minimum wage in any state and if an employer finds itself in tough straits it can start by slashing what their empoyees earn for an hourly wage or for salary.

--MARY

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing by Just Answer until you press the ACCEPT button -- pressing accept will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time in assisting you today, THANK YOU

Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer