How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My college friend Jeff gave me a collectible Schwinn bike Feb.

Resolved Question:

My college friend Jeff gave me a collectible Schwinn bike Feb. 2002 (I have email documentation). I subsequently restored the bike, upgraded it with genuine vintage parts and shared pictures of the resurrected bike with Jeff to thank him.

Nine years have passed with no questions about the bike or my use of it. Jeff recently told me he and his wife were to visit Yosemite and asked if he could use the bike to ride it there? He said he'd drop it at my house or where I work up his return. I said sure, got it ready for him, helped him put it in his car and wished them a good trip.

On their return, Jeff called me minutes before their flight left for Denver from San Jose saying they ran out of time and couldn't stop by my house. I asked where the bike was and he bluntly told me he had stopped at a bike shop and had it boxed and sent to his home in Denver. He said he'd like to use it again and would provide me with an "equitable" proposal and hung up.

I immediately realized I had be taken and sent him an email and left a phone message asking for the imediate return of the bike. I've received no response and don't expect any.

How do I get the bike back or get paid for its value which is approx. $1,500?


Brian Steen, Palo Alto, CA
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Are you opposed to filing a small claim suit against him?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm OK on filing a small claims suit. I was guessing that's my recourse.
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Yes, because he has not complied with your written demands, the small claims suit for the return of the vehicle would be your recourse.
MShore and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you