Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is it legal in the US to invest in a HYIP program I know its

Customer Question
Is it legal in the...
Is it legal in the US to invest in a HYIP program? I know it's risky and everyone says its a scam, but I'm fine with the risk and believe in the program that I want to invest in. I just want to make sure it's legal to invest in the USA and as long as I report my earnings to the IRS, I should be fine!!??? Primfix.com is the site.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/1/2011
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
My opinion is that this is a scam, see
http://www.ripoffreport.com/investment-brokers/primfix-com/primfix-com-scam-ponzi-scam-a-8cfbb.htm
which states
Complete and utter thieves and scammers of the worst kind.

I hope this information is helpful.
Relist: Other.
Didn't answer my question. I want to know if it's legal to invest in HYIP in the USA. I would be investing at my own risk though.
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Yes.

You can invest in anything that you like, as long as you are not doing anything illegal personally.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!

Thanks! What happens if the business turns out to be illegal...would I get in any kind of trouble? Do you know what form I would use to file income tax on the profits made from HYIP?

As long as you are personally not engaging in any illegal activity, you would not generally get in trouble.

Your second question should be posted in our Tax category.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Do you have any related follow up questions that I can answer for you or do you need me to further clarify my answer for you?
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law