How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x wife is planning to file a motion to modify the parenting

Customer Question

My x wife is planning to file a motion to modify the parenting plan, which we agreed to modify last year this time. She wants to go back to the 50/50 schedule. We modified it last year to school parent and summer time parent because I moved 20 minutes away put if the school district. I know it may be the best interest of the child standard but can she do this and if no circumstances have changed since the last modification.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.


Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney, I have 25 years experience and would be glad to help

The attorneys on JustAnswer are glad to answer questions and give information, but JustAnswer is not a law firm, so we cannot take on client representation and no attorney-client relationship is formed.



Thank you for your question. You are absolutely correct. If there has been no "substantial change in the circumstances" since the last time a parenting Order or Agreement was entered, the Court will not change or amend the present one, unless the Court sees that there is a substantial effect on the child(ren).

Therefore, any attempt to change the present arrangement would be an uphill battle only to meet defeat.

Please be kind enough to press "ACCEPT", otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated


Andrea, Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for accepting my Answer and your very kind words in Feedback, and the Bonus, I greatly appreciate it. But what I appreciate the most is the confidence you placed in me by allowing me to help you,


If you need further help, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question, like this


"Andrea, I would like to.........." and the question will be directed to me


Thank you again for the opportunity to help you