How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateLawAnswers Your Own Question
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NateLawAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an ex son in law that I know now he is using a dead

Customer Question

I have an ex son in law that I know now he is using a dead man's name whose birth certificate and SS# XXXXX bought. His banker even told me that he knew that his name isn't his real name. He is causing my daughter alot of grief. So how do you bring him to light? Have small pieces of proof. Remember seeing a wedding guest list with brothers having the name that is supposedly his real name. He left CA because he was in alot of trouble - car theft. He ended up in Omaha where he bought his name and ID. His name now is Alfredo X. XXXXXX. His real name isXXXXX daughter confided all this after they divorced. What should she do? Please advise. Thank you. Mrs.Cheryl XXXXX XXXXXXX,[email protected]
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to

If you have the social, that would be a huge help. Try to find it as a top priority. If the banker knew that it wasn't his real name, that's something as well.

Are you trying to get him deported because of the problems he's causing with your daughter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
The information you received was correct regarding the backlog. The president has even reduced the number of deportations about two weeks ago.

If he has a warrant in California, the local police should know that. An arrest for a felony could in fact get him deported. Car theft would be in the national database and that is something that Iowa authorities should want to arrest him for.
NateLawAnswers and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
one big help would be to get parents names off of the birth certificate that he has. How can I do that? I have 2 pieces of proof that one says his mother's name is Rosa Ortiz and the other says Rosa Urbina. If the mother's name on the birth certificate doesn't say "Rosa" right there shows that it isn't him. Marriage license app also shows Manuel Ortiz as father. I am curious as if this name is on the birth certificate that he is holding. Another thing to look for is Alfredo Ortiz who was born on 11-01-1968 has a death certificate
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found the social security number so where do I start and get somone to listen to me and check out the auto theft and the identity thing?
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
You need to talk to the district attorney's office if the police aren't being helpful. They are ultimately the ones who decide what gets prosecuted and what doesn't.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the county attorney the same ? The county attorney here is HIS attorney from the divorce. He won't do it.
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
It is not. Tell me what county you are in and I will provide you the contact information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Spencer, Iowa (Clay County)

Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure if this is the same attorney you mentioned could not help, but this is the prosecutor's information
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Michael Houchinsis on that sight and he is his lawyer. I work for the county Auditor and figured it was him when I got to the sight. Who would be next choice?
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Outside of him and the police or sheriff's department, there is no one else to prosecute the case. Of course, he doesn't necessarily approve all prosecutions. There are assistants who can take on the case and he may not even know about it until it is too late.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know his asst. but she hasn't been a lawyer very long.But it is worth a try. Also what about DCI in Iowa for the auto theft?
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Try them, too. They may have a different opinion and pursue it.