Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I work for a home health agency. This particular company has

Customer Question
lost another nurses, whom is...
I work for a home health agency. This particular company has lost another nurses, whom is no longer with the company, nursing flowsheets. They have asked me to remove the carbon's from the home record and mail them to the office so the office may copy them. Something tells me that this is a violation of laws and could jepordize my license, if state cam in to audit, if I do so, am I correct or being over cautious.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2011
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

INFOLAWYER :

That should not be done

INFOLAWYER :

the reason here is that there is a risk of loss and also of disclosure of confidential and medical information

INFOLAWYER :

which can lead to a hipaa violation

INFOLAWYER :

Your concern is therefore valid and well placed.

Customer:

Thats what I thought but was unable to find it on line at the hippa sites.

INFOLAWYER :

Good luck

INFOLAWYER :

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, please select ACCEPT so that I receive credit for the answer.

If I can clarify anything, of course, ask me

If the accept button is not working, please let me know

Customer:

There has been many inapproperiate decisions made by this company in in the few months since they have taken over.

Customer:

Lost nursing notes, lost personal employee information, copies of driver and nursing licenses, SS card copies.

INFOLAWYER :

consider then a general complaint

INFOLAWYER :

to the attorney general office for review

INFOLAWYER :

as well as the BBB

INFOLAWYER :

the labor department is yet another avenue

Customer:

A very prudent nurse quit last night because she found out they had her working in a clients home without the proper background check being completed jepordizing her license.

INFOLAWYER :

That too was improper demand on her

INFOLAWYER :

and she may file for benefits

INFOLAWYER :

on basis of constructive termination

INFOLAWYER :

since resigned due to those conditions

INFOLAWYER :

and she too many pursue complaints with the above agencies

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney