How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Legal Your Own Question
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe back pay child support in arrears of up to 95,000 the

Customer Question

I owe back pay child support in arrears of up to 95,000 the interest is more than the principle is there any way i could take off the interest and just pay the principle. And how do they expect me to go to work without a license can u please help me get outof this mess
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John Legal replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

The ability to have arrears terminated or reduced is very limited. You can file Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, even though the arrears cannot be canceled, the bankruptcy court can eliminate the interest for up to five years if you can provide a payoff schedule of five years.