Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can a felon (10yrs ago) have a muzzleloader in Wyoming

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
9/1/2011
Lawyer: John Legal, Attorney replied 6 years ago
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

If the felon has been convicted of a violent felony (defined below) then they cannot possess a muzzleloader.

6-8-102.� Use or possession of firearm by person convicted of certain felony offenses; penalties.

Any person who has previously pleaded guilty to or been convicted of committing or attempting to commit a violent felony or a felony under W.S. 6-5-204(b), and has not been pardoned and who uses or knowingly possesses any firearm is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than three (3) years, a fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

(xii)� "Violent felony" means murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, sexual assault in the first or second degree, robbery, aggravated assault, aircraft hijacking, arson in the first or second degree or aggravated burglary or a violation of W.S. 6-2-314(a)(i) or 6-2-315(a)(ii);

John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
John Legal
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney