Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I am currently being civily sued by an investor who says I

I am currently being civily sued by an investor who says I have diverted income from the company by paying myself too high of a salary. All was fully disclosed in the financial records and I am currently fighting them in civil court. However, at a pre-trial conference their attorney said he knows I am being investigated by the FBI for fraud. He also said they are going to sue the broker-dealer who raised our financing. Is this just a scare tactic, a way for him to bolster his case? Is there a way I can find out?

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

RayAnswers :

There is no way to know for sure but honestly to me if they were investigating you they would have contacted you at some point.

RayAnswers :

You can certainly dispute all of this in court and present your side of all of this.It sounds like an angry investor to me and nothing more.

Customer:

That is what I figured. My wife was afraid the Black Tahoe was going to show up at the front door with an arrest warrant, whereas I figured they would call and schedule an appointment to discuss first.

RayAnswers :

They would certainly do some investigating including offering you a chance ot discuss it with them.I really think this is jsut posturing.I mean how woudl the other side really know either.

Customer:

Thank you.

RayAnswers :

Sometimes these guys are just rattling the cage as you say.

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.