How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102601
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a piece of property in Colorado which is in the name

Resolved Question:

We have a piece of property in Colorado which is in the name of Colorado Investments, LLC, which is a Nevada LLC. We are selling it and the closing is soon and the title company has some issues. Colorado Investments, LLC was owned by our son, Vincent. Vincent died. Vincent had a will and all of his possessions were willed back to us, his parents. We have a letter of administration appointing Vincent's father as Personal Representative from Mesa County District Court, Grand Junction, Colorado. The title company is requiring us to obtain a final order of the LLC, disolving the LLC, by judical order. A Colorado attorney told us we need to hire a Nevada licensed attorney and have this done by a Nevada Judge. We need to retain a Nevada attorney who can do this for us. Thank you for your help!
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I am sorry for your situation. JustAnsweer experts are prohibited from specifically recommending specific attorneys due to ethical considerations, but if acceptable, I can provide some information to direct you to finding capable counsel where you are.

Please let me know if this is acceptable?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello there and thanks, XXXXX XXXXX we did contact the sec. of state for Nevada and have received the Dissolution of Limited - Liability Company last week. Can you inform us as to the plan of action which is required? Can we do this ourselves without an attorney? We are currently on a boat in the Caribbean Islands and we are leaving for Europe next Sunday. The buyer wants to close this week.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.

Actually, it is not a problem as much as the buyer wants to ensure that the title for the land will be clear. This means that they want to ensure that you have the right to sell the land. Simply being appointed is not enough, a judicial order via probate is necessary in order to do this.

An executor can file for probate in a state where the individual passed or where the majority of their holdings were. It matters not in which state - every state will accept another state's order of probate under Article IV, Section 1 of the United States Constitution.

Therefore, I recommend filing in either Colorado or Nevada.

I recommend going to to find an attorney near you by professional experience, areas of practice, and client reviews. You can then call them and discuss this via telephone and find an attorney who you are comfortable with. covers both said states.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”
Ely and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you