How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117361
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being accused of sexual harrassment

Resolved Question:

I am being accused of sexual harrassment
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Can you please give us a bit more information and also explain your specific question for us?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was asked to go p stairs to meet meet with the 2 assistant managers, and they invited me to set down and informed me of an alligation brought against me about sexual harrassment. No names were given about whom said or accussed me of what.

The noticed says,"You are being notified that an investigation is being conducted regarding the allegatins listed below. You are being affored the oppportunity to respond to thses allegations by summission of a written statement that offers details to the incident. When the investigation is complete, you will be notified.


Nature of Allegation: Inaapropriate language and touching of female employees.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Okay, so what is your legal question you have for us to assist you with regarding this issue?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Should I seek legal advice from an attorney ie; this situation or wait for HR to finish their investigation?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
At this point you need to respond to the allegations as asked by the employer and for that you should sit with a local attorney to assist you in drafting your response to the allegations. The reason you should use a local attorney is so that you do not say anything in your response that can be taken the wrong way. If you say anything even slightly wrong, even if it is done innocently, it can cause you additional problems.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you