How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold a vehicle for payments of $300 a month for 12 months

Resolved Question:

I sold a vehicle for payments of $300 a month for 12 months with a contract and me recorded on the title as a lein holder. The contract was witnessed and notized, it stated that if payment was past 30 days over due that I have the right to reposess the vehicle. I was paid for 3 months and now I haven't recevied a payment in 4 months. What rights do I have and how should I preceed?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. I assume you have already contacted the party in default in writing to notify him that he is in default and the vehicle may be repossessed as a result, if this is true you can move forward and repossess the vehicle. Once the vehicle is in your possession, you should then send another letter explaining that the party has a specified period of time to pay the loan off entirely, or you will sell the vehicle at auction or other means. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
MShore and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you