How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118772
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is currently in custody for burglary and assault. He

Customer Question

My son is currently in custody for burglary and assault. He supposedly was in a unlocked vehicle and when the female came out and confronted him they say he threw a pair of binoculrs at her. The incident happened sometime in May. There is no physical evidence. When my son was at the library, she saw him and called police, they questioned him and now his bond is 15000.00. We can't afford an attorney, he has a bail reduction hearing tomorrow, what should our next step be??
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
He is entitled to an attorney to be appointed for him at no costs if he cannot afford one. The attorney is going to have to get a copy of the police report and the evidence, since this is a felony charge against him his attorney will be appointed at the reduction hearing. His attorney will have to request the police report and evidence and determine what the case is against him and how strong that case is.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
I have received notice that you replied to this answer, yet I see no response from you. If you had any questions, please use the reply button as it did not come through. Thank you.