How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to get a copy of the financial statement my exs

Resolved Question:

I would like to get a copy of the financial statement my ex's boyfriend files. I know his son & ex live in florida - not sure if near orlando or tampa. How can I get a copy of financial statements he has filed.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Welcome back! As to this issue, I assume he filed the financial affidavit in a lawsuit, correct? What kind of lawsuit? What do you know about his location?


Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm assuming he filed a financial statement in his divorce in Florida. I know his kids name is Jackson.
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Hopefully you can narrow down in what county the litigation is taking place. If so, you can search the website for each county clerk of court. For example, if he is in Orlando, you could search "orange county clerk of court". Or, if he is in Tampa, you can search "hillsborough county clerk of court". Once you find the website, they allow a search for the person's name. You can then determine which county has the case.


Once you know the correct county, you can then contact the clerk of court and request a copy of the document. Any filing in an ongoing case is considered a matter of public record. As such, you are entitled to a copy. There will likely be a small fee, but probably less than $10.


Please let me know if anything requires clarification.


I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!


Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Joseph and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.


Thank you for your patience.

Related Legal Questions