Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A contract employee is hired to work on a federal contract

Customer Question
for a company at 1...
A contract employee is hired to work on a federal contract for a company at 1 of 4 sites which the contractor has. This was a delegated contract and eah site was operated by different government agencies. The contract ends and a new company takes over one of the 4 buildings (sites). The employee who was assigned to work at one of the other sites for the past 3 years moved to the new site one pay period prior to the new contractor being awarded the contract. On a list of employees which was submitted by the orrigional contractor, the information being provided was supported. The employee requet to receive vacation and other benefits based on the total time she worked for the first contractor at the other location. The new contractor states that he is only responsible for employees who were assigned to the building he took over. Which is correct.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2011
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 6 years ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I'm unclear what exactly you're asking. Can you clarify your legal question? Thanks
Contract employees who work for the federal government are eligible to receive benefits. The benefits include vacation etc. The benefits are based on the amount of time worked on the contract site not the amount of time they work for the company according to the Federal contract regulations. It is my contention that she would only be eligible for benefits starting on the date she started working on the site not the date she started working for the old company. She feels that she should be considered for compensation based on the full time she was working for the other company.
Hi again.

I'll have to opt out to allow another attorney to assist.
Tina, Lawyer