Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I received this message from my merchant company, I made the

Customer Question
transaction by telephone and I...
I received this message from my merchant company, I made the transaction by telephone and I used my merchant INTUIT processor page in the computer, the transaction was authorized, I have the ID number and authorzation number, shipping proof from USPS and signature that the item was received, how do I write this rebuttal letter, do you have a sample or can help me to write a good one? Thanks
Interim Chargeback Advice

Cardholder Number:4856XXXXXXXX5492
Case Number:16547598

Merchant Account Number:5247710004083283

Chargeback Reason:Transaction Not Recognize (475
Transaction Date:06/29/2011

Process Date:06/29/2011

Chargeback Amount:$3500.00

Message:

Dear Merchant,
The card issuing bank has initiated a chargeback for the transaction and chargeback reason above. We have not debited
your account. Your customer has received a temporary credit to their account from their bank; please do NOT issue a
credit to their card account.
07/31/2011
HERNAN MONTES XXXXX
HOUSTON, TX 77066

-
Respond By Date:08/10/2011
Instructions for Responding
If you wish to initiate a rebuttal to this chargeback, send a rebuttal package to the business address, fax number, or email
below by . Do NOT include photocopies of Identification, Credit Card or CVV2.
Your rebuttal package must include the following:
1. A written and signed rebuttal letter.
2. A copy of this Interim Chargeback Advice letter.
3. Copy of documentation pertaining to the transaction in dispute.
Sincerely,
IPS Chargeback Department
Intuit Payment Solutions is a registered member of XXXXX Suite 100
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Fax: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Toll Free: XXX-XXX-XXXX
E-mail:[email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2011
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

This means that the customer who used the card for the transaction claims that he doesn't recognize this transaction.

What was this transaction for?

I sold a watch

Generally what a merchant has to do is to write a letter/statement to the merchant service provider and to include all relevant supporting information in regards to the transaction that took place.

The merchant service provider will review all the evidence and the statement and will make a decision whether the charge is legitimate or not.

It is extremely important for you to comply with the merchant services in a very timely manner and to completely follow their requests in order to make sure that you have the best chance of favorable decision to let this charge stand and not to have it reversed and deducted from your account!

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!

by any chance do you have a sample of a rebuttal letter that I can use in this case?

I have no idea how to write it.

Unfortunately we are strictly prohibited from reviewing/drafting any type of documents for JustAnswer.com customers.

The rebuttal letter would simply be a statement about the transaction with all the relevant details and evidence attached to it.

You might be able to google the chargeback rebuttal letter and get some sample letters, but I would warn you to be on the side of caution, as every situation is different and you need to write a letter stating your facts and details surrounding this transaction.

Do you have any other related follow up questions that I can answer for you?
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law