Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

is preteen non nude websites legal to down load pictures or

Customer Question
videos in the united states...
is preteen non nude websites legal to down load pictures or videos in the united states
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
7/23/2011
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

INFOLAWYER :

Hello, So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification.

INFOLAWYER :

It depends on the purpose of the website and the general content

INFOLAWYER :

what you have described is different from the illegal kind carrying sexual content or encouraging same

INFOLAWYER :

and would be more akin to a facebook or myspace

INFOLAWYER :

so provided it is a social networking site without sexual content or illegal conduct between participants,

Customer:

im asking so i can get my child into modeling

INFOLAWYER :

This can be done

INFOLAWYER :

such agencies normally keep the site with restricted access

INFOLAWYER :

so it is not widely and pubicly viewable

INFOLAWYER :

but only by select clients and with minor's guardian's consent

Customer:

ive seen alot about kids posing

INFOLAWYER :

Indeed

INFOLAWYER :

The key is to ensure it is not crossing the line

INFOLAWYER :

and is not a front for sexual content

Customer:

how do i do that

INFOLAWYER :

Having the site looked at

INFOLAWYER :

checking with the AG office

Customer:

by who

INFOLAWYER :

checking if there are formal complaints and informal (consumer complaints)

INFOLAWYER :

attorney general, dept of consumer affairs, BBB, even police

INFOLAWYER :

that level of due diligence

INFOLAWYER :

and google searches

Customer:

ok i will do that thanks a lot

INFOLAWYER :

a close examination of the site itself, its content and the principals behind it

INFOLAWYER :

very welcome

INFOLAWYER :

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, please select ACCEPT so that I receive credit for the answer.

If I can clarify anything, of course, ask me

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney