INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

i am separated from my spouse -- the marriage goes through

i am separated from my spouse -- the marriage goes through in October. In the meantime, I want to start a company. I will require no money up-front, i.e., none of our joint assets would go towards the company. How do I ensure that she will not have any claim on the company in the future?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.

INFOLAWYER :

Hello, So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification.

INFOLAWYER :

You have a few options

INFOLAWYER :

1. wait until the divorce is finalized

INFOLAWYER :

2. have her sign a release as to this company and assets it has or make come into going forward

Customer:

Customer:

I'd need to go with option #2. Would this form need to be written up by an attorney?

INFOLAWYER :

Preferably yes

INFOLAWYER :

but not necessary as long as signed by the spouse and notarized it could be enforced.