How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can someone send me some sample of Opposition to Plaintiffs

Customer Question

Can someone send me some sample of Opposition to Plaintiff's Motion for Entry of Judgment?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

What is the reason for the opposition?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There has not been a motion for summary judgment nor trial for court to hear the argument on both sides. Plaintiff has not provide documentations to proof that I have acted outside of the Power of Attorney instructions. Plaintiff has granted authorization for me to act on her behalf for stocks and financial transactions and had "verbally" and in writing asked me to hide her money. I hid them in stocks. Stocks bombed and now she wants me to pay all the money back to her.


The reason for the opposition is that Plaintiff has not fulfill the burden of proof that I have acted outside of her instruction to handle her money and that she can't move to entry of judgment when the case has not been heard.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Has there been an agreed-upon judgment between the parties which was proved up in open court?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No there has not been an agreed-upon judgment.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts. My apologies for any inconvenience.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

1. On or about November 26, 2010, Plaintiff filed a Verified Complaint against Defendant

2. On December 17, 2010, Defendant filed a Response to Verified Complaint.

3. On January 5, 2011, Plaintiff filed an Objection to Dismissal

4. On or about January 25, 2011 Defendant filed a Motion to Dismiss

5. On April 21, 2011 Plaintiff filed a Response to Defendant's Motion to Dismiss

6. On May 27, 2011 Honorable Judge Horton ruled to Dismiss Defendant's Motion to Dismiss on grounds that the "complaint should not be dismissed unless it appears beyond a doubt that a plaintiff can prove no set of facts in support of her claim which would entitle her to relief"

7. On June 11, 2011 Plaintiff filed Motion for Entry of Judgment

8. On June 26, 2011 Plaintiff filed Motion to Entry Default Judgment


My question: How can the Plaintiff file the motion on 7 & 8 when the Motion of Summary Judgment has not been submitted? Do I need to respond?


Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Your question is indeed still in queue. As soon as an expert picks it up, you will be notified.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Of course.