How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

They dropped the criminal misheif charge & changed the resisting

Resolved Question:

They dropped the criminal misheif charge & changed the resisting arrest to interfering with police business. I got a public defender & my court date is July 15th. I'll call him Tuesday & see if he's got the info on my case. If he does, I'll know what they want to do to me. I still want to go to Georgia & hopefully I can mae my daughter's wedding on August 7, but I don't think I can make it because I can't refile the extradition paperwork until this is settled & it takes time to get it approved. What a mess! Thank you for caring!

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

Sam :


Sam :

I see. That sounds good so far. When you speak to the PD, see if you can get a probation on the remaining charge. Also, you can tell him you want to go to your daughter's graduation. He can get that permission from the judge. Or if you get an unsupervised probation, you would be able to travel without permission

Sam :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck


It's her wedding & I don't intend to just visit, I'm moving there permanently. Anyway, thanks for helping. (BTW, I'm already on probation - that's why I need extradition to move to Georgia)

Sam and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you