How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27198
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a juvenile record stating that i had possession of paraphenelia.

Resolved Question:

i have a juvenile record stating that i had possession of paraphenelia. i went to the county i live in to find out why it is not off my record. they told me it would be off my record after seven years. when i explained the case to cops they also agreed that it should not be off my record. it has prevented me from getting a better job and it keeps popping up on my record. i feel screwed. i never sold drugs. i hurt myself at that time. please help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 years ago.
What State did this happen in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
nj...union county---union.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 years ago.

Any one juvenile adjudication of delinquency or arrest may be expunged if it would meet the requirements an adult conviction or arrest. In addition, an entire juvenile record may be expunged if 5 years have gone by since release from custody or supervision, there is no adult or juvenile conviction in the last 5 years, there is no conviction for an offense that would not be eligible for expungement as an adult, there have been no adult offenses expunged, and no adult charges have been dismissed as a result of pre-trial intervention or a conditional discharge.

Anyone under 21 years of age at the time of commission of an offense for Possession of CDS or of the sale, distribution, or possession with intent to distribute less then 25 grams of marijuana or 5 grams of hashish does not have to wait the 10 years for a crime or 5 years for a disorderly persons offense for an expungement. If more then 1 year has gone by since discharge from custody or completion or probation or parole and there has not violated any of the provisions of your probation or parole and you have never had another conviction or pre-trial intervention or conditional discharge you are eligible to have the offense expunged.

Here is a link for the step by step expungement process and all the forms you need

Thank you and good luck. Please click the accept button, so I can get credit for my answer. Without accepting, I do not get credit for my help.

LegalKnowledge and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you. i only want to pay $58 that was originally assigned. i can't afford to sign up for monthly legal advice. i believe the advice you gave me is enough. again thank you. please accept the $58 as a one time charge...not the monthly and please close the answer.

Related Legal Questions