How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get three Felony convictions reduced that I served

Resolved Question:

How can I get three Felony convictions reduced that I served prison time in California in the 90's?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

There are two requirements for a felony conviction in California to be reduced to a misdemeanor. The process is set out in California Penal Code 17(b) 3.

First, the charge you plead guilty must be classified as a “wobbler.” Under California law, a wobbler is a crime that can be charged as either a felony or a misdemeanor.

Second, you must be given a probationary sentence. Even if you had to do time in county jail you can still reduce your case to a misdemeanor. If probation was denied, and you were sentenced to State Prison, then you are not eligible for a reduction to a misdemeanor, or an expungement pursuant to penal code section 1203.4. At this point, in order to get relief your must file for a certificate of rehabilitation and then pardon from the governor.

Daniel Solutions and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you