How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If 2 cousins (men) ages 63 and 81 are appointed as excutors

Customer Question

If 2 cousins (men) ages 63 and 81 are appointed as excutors to a aunts will and the 81 year old can not handle the issues to the person. How does the person resign as one of
the executors in the state of PA?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem.

The 81 year old would have to file a Petition for Leave to Resign as Executor and in the petition state the reason why she wishes to be removed.

If you have an attorney he/she can prepare the Petition for you but if you do not have an attorney you will need to draft and submit the Petition to the Surrogate Court judge over the probate. You can go to the webpage link I shall post below to see what your petition shoud look like to help you prepare your own if necessary.

Since you will be going to a different webpage to create your Petition I ask that you remember to click ACCEPT here as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance on this problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is it better to get a lawyer to do this petition or can he do it himself easier?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
It's not hard to do especially since I provided you with an example of how it should look but if he does not believe he can do it himself, then there is nothing wrong with hiring an attorney to do it for him.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you please send me the name of the site again to obtain the example of the petition? will this telll me where to take it or send it locally?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
In my prior post I stated that you need to take the petition to the judge who is assigned to the probate. If you dont know the judge's name then go to the surrogate court in the county where your aunt lived.

Here is the website again:

Have a good day