How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask D. WINOGO ESQ. Your Own Question
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4714
Experience:  10+years of experience in all matters of civil litigation and Hearing Officer/Arbitrator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
D. WINOGO ESQ. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi. I built my house in 2007 and plant line of green shrub

Customer Question

Hi. I built my house in 2007 and plant line of green shrub trees 2 feet away from neighbor
property line, they gets toll and some limps getting on neighbor territory, he was braking limps and when I came back from vacation I found 4 trees die from being poisoned and all grass around those trees also dead, what should I do to get my neighbor to replace them or how to file claim against them?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  D. WINOGO ESQ. replied 6 years ago.
If you can demonstrate that the trees were poisoned, you can sue your neighbor for reimbursement. Your neighbor legally is allowed to trim limbs that enter his property, but he cannot harm your trees/plants. If he does, he is liable for damages to you.
D. WINOGO ESQ. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can do the soil test and make all fotos of damage, then what next steps to correctly sue them?
Expert:  D. WINOGO ESQ. replied 6 years ago.

You need an arborist (tree expert) write a statement as to what or who killed the trees and their value. That way, you can file a lawsuit in small claims court using the photos and the expert's report and you would not need to retain an attorney.