Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a general question, when you consulate with a lawyer

Customer Question
I have a general question...
I have a general question, when you consulate with a lawyer is your rights protected
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2011
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
The information disclosed with the attorney, should not be disclosed, regardless if you retain that attorney or not, for representation. Moreover, if they know the parties involved, they should inform you of this and not take the case if it is going to cause a conflict of interest.
so, they are not supposed to talk about what you discuss, right?
That is correct. They should not discuss with anyone what was discussed. Thank you and good luck. If you have not already, please click the accept button, so I can get credit for my answer.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
LegalKnowledge, Attorney