Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

CAN YOU CANCEL A MARRIAGE LICENSE WITH ONE PERSON(WITHOUT TO

CAN YOU CANCEL A MARRIAGE LICENSE WITH ONE PERSON(WITHOUT TO WAIT THE 60 DAYS (FLORIDA) TO EXPIRE AND GET ONE WITH ANOTHER PERSON?
AND THE MARRIAGE LICENSE WITH THE FIRST PERSON IS KEPT IN THE FILES OR RECORDS?OR IT WILL BE CONSIDERED LIKE "NEVER HAPPENED"?

Read more: CAN YOU CANCEL A MARRIAGE LICENSE WITH ONE PERSON ... - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/law/07ae2-cancel-marriage-license-one-person.html#ixzz1QRQqoHIL

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

RayAnswers :

Yes you can do this.It isn't a problem here.As long as you did not marry here then you can apply for a second license here with a different person and marry that person.This would not be a problem legally because you did not use the first marriage license.Go apply for the second license here and good luck with the marriage.Things like this happen here.

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.

RayAnswers :

It is considered like it never happened.

RayAnswers :

Good luck here on the marriage here..

Customer:

good evening.yes I have a follow up question also..

RayAnswers :

Ask away

Customer:

I am worried that when I will go to the interviev with the imigration officer (to get my green card) they will find out about the first one and I will be in trouble.They can check this marriage licenses or they will know only about the last one???

Customer:

thanks for your help

RayAnswers :

No they would not know about a marriage license here.It is not a problem .You can change your mind here people do so.They would only be concerned with the one you marry and that person that you did marry.

Customer:

thank you very much