How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is there any way to fight a motion for revival of judgement

This answer was rated:

is there any way to fight a "motion for revival of judgement"? the judgement was in Colorado, I now live in Florida. This was a home equity loan attached to a subprime loan.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.


At this link you will find CO Rule 54(h) that tells you how a judgment can be revived. If you can show that the creditor has not in some way met the terms of that rule, that would be the grounds upon which to defend the motion. Generally, there is not a whole lot to a motion to revive so the likelihood that the creditor has made a mistake is slim.



If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or


If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am more concerned about how they can execute the judgement. they are in colorado, do they have to give me notice before they try to garnish my wages or drain my bank accounts, can they find my bank accounts?

They can find your bank accounts based on any checks that you may have sent them in the past. Otherwise they will have to depose you (ask the court for permission to ask you oral questions under oath before a court reporter) to get that information from you.


They do not have to give you notice before garnishing wages or bank accounts if they already have a judgment against you. The revival of a judgment is just a process to keep the judgment alive so that it does not expire.



Maverick and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you