How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116706
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in a Watch East program in Glendive Montana. He

Customer Question

My son is in a Watch East program in Glendive Montana. He was suppose to appear in court today for a similar manner in colordao today and the court has been rescheduled for an August date, which he will still be unable to attend. The judge is aware of all of this ad he issued a bench warrant. I live in texas and put my house up with a bond company, so I am default since he has not appeared? He has an attorney in colorado who isn't doing much on this case at all. I am not sure why all of his is happening on a misdemeanor. He simply told my sons fiance that probably nothing would happen unless he got stopped in the state of Coloardo, then he could expect to be held in jail until the court date rolled around. What is really going on?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
If the judge is aware of this then his attorney should have objected to the warrant and got the judge to not issue the warrant. At this point, you really should consider getting him another attorney to represent him and go to court to get the warrant recalled based on him being in the program and providing proof to the court of the program. The key more than anything is the bond, not the warrant because the judge is right, chances are nothing will happen unless he is in CO, but if the judge revoked the bond, then you have a problem. The judge could have issued the warrant without revoking the bond and you need to check that as well through his attorney. If the bond was not revoked then the warrant was more of an insurance that he would surrender to the court when the program he is in was completed.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
His finance got hold of him (jack) and was told that he increased the bond to $20,000. from the $10,000. original amount. Is there a good way to locte an attorney there. We are in Texas and our only way of going about this would be the internet and it's ads. That seems a little crazy! Will the judge "go off" when he doesn't show up for that Aug. court date? He has lthe information showing where he is an how long it is for...or at least he should have it, since we faxxed it to Jack.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You can get an attorney there from the same sites other attorneys use and where the attorneys are screened, or

If his attorney stands up in court and proves he is in an accepted and approved treatment program then the judge should not go off, no. That is the attorney's job to make the court understand the situation and to help their client.