How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lease/sale contract entered into 7/71997 and the other

Resolved Question:

I have a lease/sale contract entered into 7/71997 and the other party has been in default of said contract sence 7/7/2007 .the other party still makes the lease payments of $200.00 but have not finished buying me out or selling the property and paying me my 25% ,as stated in contract what are the statue of limitations in oregon ? I now live in Idaho
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.


Under OR law there is a six year statute of limitation on a breach of contract claim. So you must file suit within six years of when you first knew or reasonably should have known that the other party breached the contract.



If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or


If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so can i use a local idaho lawyer or will i need a oregon leayer?
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

Since the property is in Oregon, you will need to hire a lawyer from the county where the property is located.



Maverick and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you