How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I share legal and physical custody in MA with my ex wife 50/50.

This answer was rated:

I share legal and physical custody in MA with my ex wife 50/50. She petitioned the court to have my 14 year old son have a neuropsychological evaluation for educational reasons. Sadly the court allowed it. The meetings, discussions and final results revealed my ex-wife as being the main cause of the slip in grades. It revealed her hatred toward me and my son. She then, without my knowledge or consent somehow convinced the Integrated Center For Child Devlopment in Newton, MA to edit the report to her favor, which they did. I now have a huge issue with the ICCD, for this unethical practice. I have tried to communicate with them, but they are clearly trying to dodge this legal bullet they created by giving me the runaround. Can an evaluation be edited like this? by the request of one parent without the others knowledge? And isn't the ICCD liable for this what they did.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.


Do you have a copy of the original report?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If the ICCD changed the report without a reasonable medical basis for doing so, then they may have some malpractice liability. You may want to see who signed the reports and send them a certified letter asking them in writing to expalin the reason why the reports were changed and upon what addtional medical diagnosis. This is to set them up for a future complaint if they either fail to respond or give you a cursory reason.



In court, before the judge relies on this report, you will have to inform the judge that the report has been altered without a proper medical basis for doing so. In other words impeach the 2nd report with the 1st report.




If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or


If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".


Maverick and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you