Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I believe that under RESPS 12 USC section 2605 (e) (1) (A)

Customer Question
, (f) (1) (A) I...
I believe that under RESPS 12 USC section 2605 (e) (1) (A) , (f) (1) (A) I may recover actual damages resulting from a failure to comply with my RESPA request. Is there a time limit to file suit?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
6/6/2011
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

There is indeed. You have three years from the date of a violation under 12 USC 2605 to file suit. (Sec. 2614).

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-attorneyeli/

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”
Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law