How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13748
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California I know this sounds strange but my friend

This answer was rated:

I live in California I know this sounds strange but my friend is 21 and his girl is 17. The parents are well aware of the relationship, they are platonic (non-sexual).

And some nut job said they called the police on them for being together and being related? (They are not related both their birth-certificates are completely different parents and only thing in common was they were born in the same city)

Supposedly the police told this nut-job that they have been under investigation for a long time . . . my friend says they have not been contacted by any police, or investigators. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened.

Thank you for using Just Answer.


What is your legal question, please?


Who told them they were under investigation?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is going to happen to him? Can they arrest him if the parents ok the relationship?

Thank you for your question. After reading my answer, please do not hesitate to reply if you have additional questions or need more information. If you have no questions, I ask that you click the ACCEPT button so that I am paid for my time. As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code, and compensate me for my time as you would any other professional.


No, they can't arrest him as there is nothing to arrest them for, based on these facts. The relationship is non-sexual and the parents have no issues with him. It would be different, if for example, they were having intercourse, or the parents had taken out a restraining order against him and he was still seeing her.


There would be no reason for the police to investigate either of them based on these facts, and I think whoever told them this information is either full of it, or the person who gave the information to the person that told them is full of it.



JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR SERVICE". Please click on the ACCEPT BUTTON for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. No payment for my time and effort is made until you click accept (even if you put down a deposit or have a subscription). A BONUS TIP is also appreciated. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney.

This information is limited in scope and is confined to the question asked and should not be relied upon to provide a comprehensive picture of any particular situation and you are strongly encouraged to seek counsel for further course of action, if applicable. In other words, this response is not intended nor shall it be construed as providing you with all the information that your legal questions/issues may require. If you do require legal advice and retention/hiring of an attorney, I encourage you to consult an attorney who is actively engaged in the practice of law in the area of law relevant to your legal questions/issues and who is admitted to the bar or lawyer licensing agency in your jurisdiction(s) or the jurisdiction(s) that has jurisdiction over your legal questions/issues. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.

RobertJDFL and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you