How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently fired for violating a child care licensing requirement.

Customer Question

I was recently fired for violating a child care licensing requirement. I have been given the op-
tion of resigning. Does either option allow for collecting unemployment?
If I appeal the firing would the stressful worksituation and information disputing some of the
alleged misconduct have any bearing on the firing?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Whether you are terminated "for cause", or if you leave voluntarily, neither of those options permit you to seek an actual right to collect unemployment. You are always free to appeal your termination, especially if you believe that you did not violate the requirement. However if you have, even if you were employed at a stressful work situation or in a stressful position would have no bearing on your actual violation. Disputing misconduct, if you have evidence of the fact that the information the district used is incorrect, can definitely have bearing on your termination.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So I may file for unemployment in either case,firing or resignation? But may not necessarily receive It?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You can file for unemployment, that is for sure. However the district will contest, and you will not receive it, the moment they provide evidence that you either quit on your own, or were terminated for cause.

Good luck.