How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33928
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a parking ticket about a year ago for crosswalk

This answer was rated:

I received a parking ticket about a year ago for crosswalk violation ($165) I send it in as Not Guilty within 30 days. Received a request from the judge for more info (after 1st hearing). I send the pics and the explanation on time as well. Since than I did not get any notices or warnings, nothing. (I live in NY and got the ticket in NY too). The current violation status of the ticket in the system is: Hearing held. Adjournment. Ticket past due. No fees or penalties applied for the past year, the amount is still $165, as initial.

I am afraid they will tow my car even though the ticket is unanswered by court.

What should I do, if anything? Is there any way to request an answer form the court and should I do it? Is it legal to tow the car if the ticket is still unanswered?
It is unlikely, based on what you have related, that the car will be towed without notice to you. However, you can file a Motion for Entry of Not Guilty Judgment and set it for a hearing. That will get the case off of high center anyway. Most people prefer for the case to just sit there rather than push it, but if you want to move it forward that is the way to do so. You can also contact the clerk and ask what is happening, but to get a resolution file the motion described above. There is no form for it, you just title it as set forth above, explain what happened and that you provided proof per the judge's request, and that you are no seeking a finding of not guilty.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you