How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118320
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my name is XXXXX XXXXX i was beatened and shot by a memphis policeman

Resolved Question:

my name is XXXXX XXXXX i was beatened and shot by a memphis policeman in 1978,paralyzed from the waist down.i was mistaken to be the perpetrator of a crime;after a jury trial was acquitted. was rearrested in 1979, charged with rape and robbery,crimes another man confessed to. sentenced to 119 years and exonerated after 22 years by DNA evidence.see Proof of Innocence,Discovery.was promised one million dollars if would not file suit.compensation bill awarded only 8 hundred thousand dollars, with most of it used to buy an annuity that allows a monthly check not sufficient to afford a decentl living.went before tennessee judicial committee 2006 chairman approved a new compensation bill to be sponsored. how can i obtain proper representation after three senators were indicted and sent to prison, the rest have stonewalled me?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
I am afraid that if you did not get what you were promised in exchange for not suing, then you would have to file suit in court against them for breach of the agreement if you have not been able to get them to do what they promised to do and there really are no other recourses when they do not honor their agreements.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you