Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

can you get charge with posesion of a pot pipe in a residents

if it not on your...
can you get charge with posesion of a pot pipe in a residents if it not on your person and it in your girlfriends home and she calls the police because she angry that you are moving out. im trying to do the right thing ,please help me.
6/1/2011
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

Yes, you can.

JB Umphrey :

It would be considered to be "constructive" possession so long as you have access to it.

JB Umphrey :

Is there anything else that I can assist with?

JB Umphrey :

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select ACCEPT to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.

Customer:

how would they prove it

JB Umphrey :

How would they prove what?

Customer:

that it mind

JB Umphrey :

They don't have to. They just have to prove that it existed and that you had access to it.

Customer:

she has eccess to it to ,could be hers?

JB Umphrey :

Yes.

JB Umphrey :

Both can be charged with possession.

Customer:

how do you think the cops would handle that one

Customer:

sorry slow typer

JB Umphrey :

No way to predict.

JB Umphrey :

They have 100% discretion.

Customer:

do you think they would take finger prints to detrmen

JB Umphrey :

Different cops will do different things.

JB Umphrey :

Fingerprints are not relevant.

JB Umphrey :

It's about who had access to it.

JB Umphrey :

That's all that matters.

Customer:

both have that ablity

JB Umphrey :

Correct.

Customer:

this is az now you now sherriff JOE

Customer:

haha

JB Umphrey :

Of course.

JB Umphrey :

Pink underwear.

Customer:

ya man

JB Umphrey :

Baloney sandwiches.

JB Umphrey :

Is there anything else I can assist with?

Customer:

if so what do you think the penalty could be

JB Umphrey :

Most likely probation, fines, costs, community service and random drug tests.

Customer:

that sucks

JB Umphrey :

If you are satisfied that your questions have been answered, kindly select ACCEPT to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.

JB Umphrey :

I hear you.

Customer:

would you worrie about it last ?

JB Umphrey :

No.

Customer:

thanks

JB Umphrey :

You bet.

JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney