How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Legal Your Own Question
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Miguel buys a truck in Texas, then moves to Washington. A year

This answer was rated:

Miguel buys a truck in Texas, then moves to Washington. A year later, he is driving his truck in Oklahoma, and causes an accident by running into another car, whose driver is from Florida. In what states will the other driver be able to sue Miguel? State the reasons for your answer.

Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

Washington and Oklahoma. Washington because the other driver can get personal jurisdiction over Miguel in the state where he resides.

Oklahoma because the state of Oklahoma can get personal jurisdiction due to the Oklahoma long arm state and minimum contacts established in International Shoe. By driving in Oklahoma Miguel had sufficient contacts with the state of Oklahoma that when he had an accident in Oklahoma the other driver could use the Oklahoma long arm statute to get personal jurisdiction over Miguel.

That is a great start for you, now do the rest on you own.

John Legal and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you