Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

What if someone living in Oklahoma is on workmans comp. needs

Customer Question

What if someone living in Oklahoma is on workmans comp. needs to move back to Florida to be with the family. Can that workmans comp. be moved?
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

.

Worker's comp benefits are not conditioned on where you live, but rather where you were injured. So you can move and not lose benefits as long as you notify them of your change of address. However, the problem may be in finding a doctor in FL who will comply with OK laws on worker's comp and filing their claims for payment with OK.

.

So you might want to check the local doctors where you are moving to ensure that you can find one that will take your treatment over and is willing to file the required insurance documentation with OK.

.

.

thanks

.

If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional and greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I don't make the laws, I am just reporting/interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.

There may be a time lag between my replies as I am typically working with several customers at any given time, but rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.