How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband had surgery to put a pacemaker and a stint in. When

Resolved Question:

My husband had surgery to put a pacemaker and a stint in. When putting in the stint he went thougt an artery. Which gave him a hart attack then was told they did not have an operating room available so he had to get air lifted to another hospital. He never got an operation just stayed in ICU for 7 days and went home.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.


How terrible. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

It appears that you may have a malpractice case against the doctor for his negligence.

The first step in a medical malpractice case is to obtain a medical opinion from another doctor stating that malpractice occurred and effect of that malpractice on your husband.

You will want to retain a medical malpractice attorney. Medical malpractice cases are very complex. Most medical malpractice attorneys will give a free initial consultation and work on a contingency fee basis.

Your attorney will typically have a doctor review the case and give you an opinion on whether there actually was negligence and the effect of that negligence on your husband.
Ellen and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you