Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

My husband had surgery to put a pacemaker and a stint in. When

My husband had surgery to put a pacemaker and a stint in. When putting in the stint he went thougt an artery. Which gave him a hart attack then was told they did not have an operating room available so he had to get air lifted to another hospital. He never got an operation just stayed in ICU for 7 days and went home.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

How terrible. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

It appears that you may have a malpractice case against the doctor for his negligence.

The first step in a medical malpractice case is to obtain a medical opinion from another doctor stating that malpractice occurred and effect of that malpractice on your husband.

You will want to retain a medical malpractice attorney. Medical malpractice cases are very complex. Most medical malpractice attorneys will give a free initial consultation and work on a contingency fee basis.

Your attorney will typically have a doctor review the case and give you an opinion on whether there actually was negligence and the effect of that negligence on your husband.