How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my leagal question is how can i as an injured athlete who recently

Customer Question

my leagal question is how can i as an injured athlete who recently came out of surgey .
i think this i a personal matter i simply walked to the store and came under attack by the cashier who not only denied me service but also try to riddle me into thinking that i was in great danger feeling astonished i simply asked to speak to his manager so maybe he or she could realate or possibly translate what was the problem. next thing i know he pulled out some extra long sergrical sizzors and yes im still injured and now felling intimidated as i raging walked out the store to look to see if if could make anysence of what to espect from the message . heard racical slurs and i saw him push the panic button the alert police ... so now i got arrested for domestic/battery and im been punished because i dindt call the police first and this person had me sticked up because he didnt want me talking to his manager. im out and im taking court orded anger management. which i dont thik is fair for the price im having to pay because of this person attacking my injured manhood. so now i want to know what can i do about this negligence and purtretisim .legaly sincery
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.


If the store employee threaten you or assaulted you, you can file a civil suit against the employee and the store for battery and or assault. You can also file a counter police report against the cashier for battery or assault if they are the ones who started this first.



If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or


If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Maverick and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
also i went in to review the evidence with my public defender and im 100 percent sure he dindt turn in all the evindece or they tampered with the tape eithier by using a differnt middle eastern person or just only showing him assertively to back and stop creeping me out i pretty much ran into a feine for trouble and his security was san leandro police who were more than inconsiderate i was senteced and charge out of envy and spite in this tough economy all i did was try to find safety within this situation so that he would further continue to to make exagerated outcomes ???
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

If the public defender did not do his job, you can report him to the State's licensing bureau or the State Bar.


If the court order is recent, you can hire a lawyer to appeal the decision and you may have to argue ineffective assistance of counsel on appeal.