How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33482
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Dad is an inmate in a Colorado Correctional facility, and

Resolved Question:

My Dad is an inmate in a Colorado Correctional facility, and he had a minor surgery go bad and almost bled to death and the Doctor is telling us a completely different story. I don't know what to do...
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 6 years ago.
Rather than recording the doctor on your cellphone, which may not be legal, depending on the laws of your state, you are better off retaining an attorney. You can probably find one who will work for a contingency fee, meaning your father will not owe anything unless there is a settlement or award. An attorney can subpoena the medical records and determine whether there is an actionable claim.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you recomend someone who has dealt with the state before, and knows what they are doing who accepts that type of agreement? I am new to this
Expert:  Loren replied 6 years ago.
Almost every plaintiff's medical malpractice attorney takes their cases on contingency fee. While JustAnswer prohibits us from referrals to specific attorneys, the following link is a very flexible search engine which attorneys use when seeking co-counsel outside of their expertise or jurisdiction. All you need do is enter you location and "medical malpractice" in the appropriate fields:
Loren and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Loren replied 6 years ago.
If you have no further follow up questions, an Accept would be appreciated.