Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

What, if anything, needs to be reported to the federal or state

Customer Question

What, if anything, needs to be reported to the federal or state (NJ) governments if I have $400,000.00 wired from my relative in India to my personal bank account in the USA?

The money will be used to purchase a business.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Good morning. Yes, because the amount is over $100,000, you will need to file Form

3120 with the IRS to declare transfer from the foreign country.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just went on www.IRS.gov and could not locate form 3120?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
I'm so sorry...that was a typo...I meant to type Form 3520.